is an ancient physical and spiritual discipline and branch of philosophy that originated in India reportedly more than 5,000 years ago. The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means to yoke, join, or unite.
There are many different types of yoga and it can be difficult to figure out which particular style is right for you and your yoga practice. Most styles of yoga are based on the same basic yoga poses (called asanas), however the experience of one style can be radically different than another.
No matter what style of yoga you choose to practice, you will likely see improvements in many areas of your health. By practicing regularly you can:
- increase your flexibility
- increase muscle tone and strength
- improve your circulatory and cardio health
- helps you sleep better
- increase your energy levels
- improve athletic performance
- reduce injuries
- detoxify your organs
- improve your posture
- improves anxiety and depression
- helps with chronic pain
- release endorphins that improve your mood
- and so much more...